Ayurvedic Postpartum Care Package
Below is the general information for my Ayurvedic Postpartum care package and how it works. Please let me know if you have any questions.
What is included in my Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula services
I will come to your home for 6 weeks (unless other arrangements are made), excluding weekends, starting the day you birth, or when you get home from the hospital.
Here is a general breakdown of what I will be doing when I come Monday- Friday (just an overview) I ask for your flexibility with scheduling as I will also be honoring you and the baby’s rhythms:
- Arrive at 9:00 am. Leave by 1:00 or 2:00 pm. The time spent cooking and caring for motherbaby averages five hours per day. Some days I will spend four, some six. The average time spent is 25-30 hours per week.
- Preparing and cooking fresh breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks and dinner for the mother. All the foods are very specific to her body’s delicate digestive system, post-birth. The menu will start out with extremely simple foods and become more complex as her agni (digestion) gets stronger. Daily assessments will provide that information to me.
- Preparing appropriate snacks, Ayurvedic herbal tonics and shakes for breastfeeding support and healing.
- Making sure Mother’s area is clean, snacks and drinks are fresh and handy for mother throughout the day and prepared for her before I leave so she is set for the evening/night
- Kitchen cleaning, dishes, help with laundry as needed
- Full body massage, womb blessings, abdominal massage
- Daily Belly Binding, if desired
- Mother steaming (if she likes it)
- After massage, I prepare the herbal sitz bath for Mother and help her bathe on days she plans to do that
- Infant massage education and support
- Help bathing the baby
- Breastfeeding support (although I am not a lactation consultant)
- Elimination Communication education and support
- Birth story processing/emotional support daily
- Vaginal Herbal steaming upon closure of sacred window
- Support with vaginal scar tissue remediation
- Support with postnatal yoga when strong and ready
- General support with breastfeeding and baby care
- Any other needs of the Mother that I can support, I do
**This is just a general list with the essentials that are included. Of course, I am there to support mother and baby for whatever arises and the structure can be modify as needed. If other services are requested beyond the daily tasks, then they will either replace some of the daily tasks, or I will charge my additional fee of $60/hour for my time spent.
**My preparation duties outside the client’s home will include: grocery shopping for foods related to what I am cooking, some food prepping (soaking almonds overnight, soaking lentils, making Ayurvedic snacks, etc). This is included in the fees.
Please contact me for specifications regarding my rates. I charge based on ability to pay, starting at $60/hour + $25-$45 per day commute fee. For families who cannot afford my services, I am starting a scholarship fund and asking for financial support for these families.
**I wholeheartedly believe every mother on the planet deserves this quality of care postpartum. I offer military discounts, sliding scales and payment plans.
There is a discount for clients who choose to hire me for all of my services. This includes Birthing From Within™ childbirth preparation classes, Birth Doula services, and the full 6-week Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula care. I am not able to include the prenatal yoga classes in this bundle because it goes through the studio and is a separate agreement with the studio owner. I will offer a 5% discount if the services are bundled.
**The fees are for my services and time (cooking, massage, etc) and does not include groceries. Client will pay for the groceries and all consumables (herbs, etc). I will provide a pre-birth list of foods I would like you to have in the home for the birth and first few days postpartum, along with some staples. Additional grocery shopping for foods I am cooking after that can be done by me. Client can provide me with a visa gift card, or I can save receipts for reimbursement.
**I am open to payment plans and happy to work with your budget, if necessary.
**I offer ala cart services (just massage or just cooking for example). Please contact me for individual pricing.